22 June 2013

Purses and Pouches Galore

It seems I've been into bags, purses and pouches lately. I've produced quite a collection for different purposes, even on commission. Here are some of them.

Paper fabric purses for an upcoming mixed media class (in September):
(i Nykarleby: så håll korpgluggarna öppna för mera information, ni som bor i området!):


To create the paper fabric, I've used the methods described by Beryl Taylor in Mixed Media Explorations and Kelli Nina Perkins in Stitch Alchemy. There's more to explore, so I'm sure I'll return to this subject later in the summer.

A waist purse to hold my keys while I'm out jogging (much needed, and accomplished at last!):


A batch of coin purses to sell at a craft fair this summer (the fabrics are my own hand dyed fabrics):


 

And a pouch for smartphones, also for sale at the fair (again, my own hand dyed fabric). So far I've only managed to finish one of these, but I'm probably going to make more now that I've worked through the original construction method and made some improvements:



That's all folks! Have a great weekend, and I hope to see you again soon! - Annika



2 comments:

  1. The are all wonderful! I love seeing your hand dyed and printed fabric. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie! It's fun to finally use some of the fabrics I've made. It also makes room for more fabric. ;-)
      A wonderful week to you too, and take care of yourself!

      Delete