22 March 2014

Spring Feelings

I have spring feelings today! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, waves are crashing (no ice!!), and I have started working on a new spring-themed art quilt. I haven't worked on an art quilt since I finished my poppy quilt almost a year ago (link). Madness! So I'm pretty euphoric at the moment.

I've been planning this quilt in my head for a couple of months, and today I sat down with my acrylics and some watercolour paper to make a proper study before I start working with fabric and stitch. Yup, it's an important one, so I'm making lots of preparations this time. I'm afraid I'll have to keep the quilt under my hat for a while, as I have plans for it, but I can't help myself: I have to give you a sneak peek of what I've been up to. As I said, I'm euphoric and I might burst unless I share a couple of images.

Acrylics on watercolour paper, coloured pencils, monoprinting


Baby wipes used for cleaning brushes, paint knife and palette.
They make me happy.


Thanks for visiting my blog! 

2 comments:

  1. Okay, curiousity is peaked! I like the sneek peek. Spring has sprung here, as well. Sunshine, crocus, birds working on nests, all makes me want to be outside and soak it all it. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments Jeannie! Referring back to a previous comment, I have a precision scale I borrowed from my dad, and it's proven really useful when I want to go beyond 'just playing around and seeing what happens' to really understanding how things work, and getting the results I want. I hope you'll soon be able to set up your outdoors studio, and I'm glad I've been able to inspire you! Have a great day and week!

      Delete